IT Support Technician
Full Job Description
Vickar Automotive Group is recruiting a junior-level IT Support Technician to join their Corporate Office team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and maintenance of server, storage and network infrastructure across multiple business sites
- Provide direct daily on-site and off-site support to employees.
- Ensure employee inquiries are responded to within established time frames and employee care and technical support service levels are achieved.
- Act independently and in support of other IT Dept team members
- Provide after-hours support as required
- Aid in the creation of technical bulletins to serve as a job aid and expand the knowledge base for handling support issues
- Regular travel between business sites is needed; at times on short notice
- Administration of OEM platforms, new employee set-up.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-year experience supporting personal computers, printers and other standard office equipment.
- 1-year experience working with servers, networks, virtualization, security and cloud services
- Experience with PC hardware, server hardware, remote desktop applications, printer driver troubleshooting, and basic network troubleshooting
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 and Veeam.
- Experience with securing data, network access and backup systems
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability, demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work with non-technical users - simplifying complex information
- Managed Services experience an asset
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle for travel between sites
Vickar Auto Group is an equal-opportunity employer looking for high-performance individuals to add to our diverse and inclusive workforce. We thank all who apply, however, only those who meet our requirements will be contacted.
Vickar Auto Group, “Where Customers Send Their Friends”.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $33,800.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person